You can delete a network printer port in the Printers folder in Windows NT 4.0 or in Print Manager in Windows NT 3.x.
Windows NT 4.0
- Open the Printers folder (on the Start menu, click Settings).
- On the File menu, click Server Properties, then click the Ports tab.
- Select the port you want to delete.
- In the Printers column, ensure that no printers are using the port you want to delete. If a printer is using that port, either remove the printer or assign it to another port.
- Click the Delete Port button.
Windows NT 3.x
- In Print Manager, select a local printer. If you have no local printers installed, choose Create on the Printer menu to create a new printer and skip step 2.
- On the Printer menu, choose Properties.
- Choose Details.
- Under Print to Additional Ports, select the printer port you want to delete.
- Choose Delete Port.
Article ID: 125953 - Last Review: Feb 19, 2007 - Revision: 1