- Select the file or project from which you want to remove the label.
- Click the History button on the toolbar, choose the Info.History menu item with SourceSafe 3.1 or the Tools.Show History menu item with Visual SourceSafe 4.0 or later, or press CTRL+H to bring up the history dialog or output window.
- If the History dialog box appears, select the desired options and click OK.
- Select the labeled history item that you want to remove or change.
- Click the Details button.
- In the Label: text box, completely delete current label characters to remove the label. To change the label, change the contents to the desired new label.
- Click Close.
- Execute the Label command with the desired label options. For example:
To change a label:To remove a label:
ss Label $/test "-vl old label" "-l new label"
ss label $/test "-vl old label" "-l "
- You will get a message:"This version of <SourceSafe object name> already has a label. Do you want to overwrite with new label? (Y/N)."Type y to confirm the label change.
Article ID: 126786 - Last Review: Feb 24, 2005 - Revision: 1