This error message may appear when you save a file immediately after another user saves the same file. When you save an Excel workbook file, the following process occurs:
- The original file (for example, Book1.xls) is locked.
- The original file is saved to a temporary file (0ae06000).
- The original file (Book1.xls) is unlocked.
- The original file (Book1.xls) is deleted.
- The temporary file (0ae06000) is renamed to the original file name (Book1.xls).
If you save a shared workbook while it is being saved by another user, you receive the error message described in the "Symptoms" section in this article. This problem occurs when your save process begins after
the file is deleted and before
it is renamed (by the first save process) or when the save process you initiated locks the file after it is unlocked (by the first save process). It is unlikely that you will receive the second error message; it appears only in the case when two save processes for one file begin almost at the same moment.