- All sheets are selected.
- You select a sheet other than the active sheet.
Microsoft Excel for Windows
- Right-click any sheet tab.
- On the shortcut menu, click Select All Sheets.
Microsoft Excel for the Macintosh
- Press and hold the CONTROL key.
- Click any sheet tab and click Select All Sheets on the shortcut menu.
- If you want to select a contiguous block of sheets, select the first sheet in the group. Then press and hold the SHIFT key and click the tab for the last sheet. When you are done, release the SHIFT key.
- If you want to select a non-contiguous block of sheets, select the first sheet. Then, press and hold the CTRL key then click the tab of each sheet you want selected. When you are done, release the CTRL key.
NOTE: On the Macintosh use the COMMAND key as you select the sheet tabs.
- Click the tab of a sheet that is not currently selected.
- Right-click (CONTROL+click on the Macintosh) the tab of any sheet and click Ungroup Sheets on the shortcut menu.
- If ALL sheets are selected, click the tab on any sheet (except the active sheet) to deselect all other sheets.
Article ID: 158063 - Last Review: Aug 15, 2003 - Revision: 1