Note: These procedures assume that each contact contains a valid e-mail address.
First, assign each contact you want in your list to a common category. For example, you might assign all of your business contacts to the Business category. Second, group your contacts by category. Third, drag the category title to your Inbox. This creates a new e-mail message addressed to all of the contacts in your chosen category.
The steps below will use Business as an example category:
Assign Contacts to a Common CategoryFollow these steps to assign contacts to the Business category:
- On the Outlook Bar, click Contacts.
- Right-click a contact and from the context-sensitive menu, click Categories.
- In the Available categories list, click Business to select it, and click OK.
- Repeat these steps for each contact that you want in the Business distribution list.
Group Your Contacts by CategoryFollow these steps to group your contacts by category:
- On the Outlook Standard Toolbar, click to select one of the table views (Phone List, By Category, By Company, or By Location).
- On the View menu, click Group By.
- In the Group items by list, click to select Categories and click OK.
Create a New E-mail MessageNow that all of your contacts in the Business category are grouped together, you can drag the title (Categories: Business) from the table view to your Inbox. This will create a new e-mail message addressed to all of your business contacts.
For information about creating a personal distribution list using the Personal Address Book service, type Create a personal distribution listin the Office Assistant, click Search, and then click " Create a personal distribution list"
Article ID: 164532 - Last Review: Jan 19, 2007 - Revision: 1