IMPORTANT: This article contains information about editing the registry. Before you edit the registry, make sure you understand how to restore it if a problem occurs. For information about how to do this, view the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
- Double-clicking Network Neighborhood gives the following error:Unable to browse the network.
Network error (1222).
- Clicking Start, clicking Run, typing <computer name>, and clicking OK results in the following error:\\<computer name>
The network is not present or not started.
- From File Manager (Winfile.exe), none of the connect drive commands are present.
For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it.
To resolve this issue, follow this procedure:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe) and go to the following key:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value.
- Enter the following value:
Value Name: ProviderOrder
Data Type: REG_SZ
- This change should take effect without restarting Windows NT.
Article ID: 170336 - Last Review: Oct 31, 2006 - Revision: 1