If you are looking for information concerning Visual Studio 6.0 service packs, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3 addresses the following products:
- Visual Studio 97 (Enterprise and Professional Editions)
- Visual Basic 5.0 (Enterprise and Professional Editions)
- Visual C++ 5.0 (Enterprise and Professional Editions)
- Visual InterDev 1.0
- Visual J++ 1.1 (Professional Edition)
- Visual FoxPro 5.0
- Visual SourceSafe 5.0
Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3 is a superset of Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 1 and Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2; if you did not install Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2, you will get those updates with Service Pack 3. If you already installed Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2, Service Pack 3 will provide you with the new updates since the Service Pack 2 release.
How to Order the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3Service Pack 3 is available in the U.S. and Canada via fulfillment at no charge, except for shipping and handling charges of US $7.50 (CDN $12.00).
Outside of North America, customers must contact their local subsidiary for availability and ordering information. Service Pack 3 contains all of Service Pack 1 and 2, plus additional updates.
NOTE: MSDN Universal customers will automatically receive the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3 in the next quarterly release, in January 1998.
Alternatively, customers can order the product by phone or mail:
Call (800) 360-7561 - US and Canada
Fax (716) 873-0906 - US
Fax (905) 374-3855 - Canada
IMPORTANT: Be sure to order Part No. 628-00128.
By mail in the United States:
Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
PO Box 1096
Buffalo, NY 14240-1096
By mail in Canada:
Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
Microsoft Canada Order Centre
PO Box 643
Fort Erie, ON L2A 6M1
Ordering in Europe, Africa, Mediterranean, and Middle East:
MSDN Information Centre
P.O. Box 5576
Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Phone: +353-1-708 8690
Fax: +353-1-708 8666
Note: Please mention Web tracking code number 113-B032.
The Service Pack includes files for English and all localized versions. In North America and Canada, the Service Pack will be delivered within four to six weeks.
IMPORTANT: Outside of the regions listed above, customers must contact their local subsidiary for ordering information.
Download of Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3As stated above, the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack CD-ROM is available for purchase. In addition, the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack will be available for download from the Web for free. There are several versions available:
- Visual Basic - All-languages versions: This contains all of the English and non-English updates to Visual Basic, including German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese. You should select this option if you have any of these versions of Visual Basic installed on your machine. Approximate size: 12.3MB.
- CORE: This CORE set of updates includes all of the English and non-English updates for Visual Basic, Visual InterDev, Visual J++, Visual FoxPro, and Visual SourceSafe. You should select this option if you have any of the previously listed products. Approximate size: 37.8MB.
- FULL: This FULL set of updates includes everything in CORE, plus all of the updates for English and non-English versions of Visual C++. Approximate size: 91.4 MB.
Uninstalling the Visual Studio 97 Service PackYou must uninstall the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack manually; it is not built into the product. To uninstall Visual Studio 97 Service Pack updates to the developer tools on your system, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the developer tools (Visual C++, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Delete any remaining Microsoft developer tools product files (but not files or programs you have created).
- Reinstall the developer tools.
Detecting Visual Studio 97 Service Pack UpdatesThe Help About box for developer tools does not indicate what updates have been made since the initial release of the product in 1997.
After a service pack has been applied to a developer tool, the only indication that the service pack has been applied is in the version information embedded in file properties for the binary files that were updated.
For additional information about the Visual Studio 97 Service Packs, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 170365 - Last Review: Jun 22, 2014 - Revision: 1