Adding the Comment Block and Uncomment Block Commands
To add the commands to the standard menu in the Visual Basic Editor, follow these steps:
- On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Customize.
- Click the Commands tab in the Customize dialog box.
- Under Categories, click Edit.
- Find the Comment Block command, click it, and then drag it to the Standard command bar.
- Find the Uncomment Block command, click it, and then drag it to the Standard command bar.
Using the Comment Block and Uncomment Block Commands
To comment a block of code, follow these steps:
- In the Visual Basic Editor, select a section of code that you want to comment.
- Click Comment Block.
- To remove comments, select the comments and click Uncomment Block.
' If strName = "MyName" Then ' Check if strName is equal to MyName.
the Uncomment Block command removes the apostrophe (') at the beginning of the line.
In the following comment
' ' This is a comment.
the first time you click Uncomment Block, the leftmost apostrophe is removed. The second time you click Uncomment Block for this comment, the remaining apostrophe is removed.
Article ID: 171388 - Last Review: Jan 19, 2007 - Revision: 1