Support for older versions of Internet Explorer ended on January 12, 2016.
To be more secure and enhance your browser experience, upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7.
To change your home page
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the webpage you want to set as your home page.
- Select the Tools button , and then select Internet options.
Under the General tab, do one of the following:
- To set the page you're on as your home page, select Use current.
- To set a blank home page, select Use blank.
- To reset the home page to its default, select Use default.
- Select Apply, and then select OK.
- Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then start a new browsing session to view your home page.
To see your home page when you open a new tab
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button , and then select Internet options.
- Under the General tab, select the Tabs button.
- In the Tabbed Browsing Settings dialog box, you'll see options for what to do when When a new tab is opened. From the dropdown menu, choose Your first home page. If you have more than one home page, only the page at the top of the list will be displayed in each new tab you open.
- Select OK, Apply, and then OK again. Now each time you open a new tab, Internet Explorer will display your home page.
Article ID: 17428 - Last Review: Aug 31, 2016 - Revision: 16