This article describes how to remove and reinstall the Microsoft ActiveX version of MSN Money Investing. If you experience JScript problems or you receive a "No Quotes Available" error message when you visit the MSN Money Investing Web site, you may be able to use the procedure that is described in this article to resolve the issue.
To use the ActiveX version of MSN Money Investing, you must have an ActiveX-capable operating system that runs Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later versions:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 or later versions
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows Vista
Remove MSN Money Investing componentsTo remove the MSN Money Investing ActiveX components, follow these steps:
- Close your Internet browser.
- Remove the MSN Money Investment Toolbox. To do this in Windows Vista, open the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. To do this, click Start, type appwiz.cplin the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
To remove the MSN Money Investment Toolbox from Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the list of installed programs, click MSN Money Investment Toolbox.
- Click Change/Remove to remove the controls.
- Open the Internet Options item in Control Panel. To do this in Windows Vista, click Start, type inetcpl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
To open the Internet Options item in Control Panel in Windows XP and earlier versions, click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then click OK.
- On the General tab, click
Settings in the Browsing History area in Windows Vista or in the Temporary Internet files area in Windows XP.
- Click View Objects.
- Right-click any MSN Money Investing Components that are listed, and then click Remove.
Click Yes when you receive the following message: In this message, MSN component may be under any one of the following names:
- MSN Money Portfolio
- MSN Money Charting
- MSN Money QuickList
- ChrtCtl Class
- FndrCtl Class
- QlistCtl Class
- PortImport Class
- MS Investor Portfolio
- OFX Parser (16b TLB) Class: This enables importing of Brokerage OFX files.
- QEngine Class: This enables importing of Quicken investment accounts.
- MSN Money Ticker: This is the control for the scrolling ticker.
- MS Investor Ticker: This is an earlier version of the scrolling ticker.
- Close the Downloaded Program Files window and any other windows that are open.
Reinstall the MSN Money Investing components
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or a later version, visit the following MSN Web site:
- Click Deluxe Portfolio Manager.
- The installation starts automatically. If you are prompted to install the program, click Yes.
- When the chart with red bars appears, click I See The Chart.
- Click Start , and then click Help and Support.
- In the Search Help box, type Troubleshoot installing or uninstalling programs, and then click Search Help.
- Click the appropriate topic.
Article ID: 176841 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2008 - Revision: 1