- Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
- Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
- Drivers installed by third-party software.
- Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
- Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
- Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
Article ID: 183169 - Last Review: Feb 27, 2007 - Revision: 1