- Disable the external (CPU or L2) cache in the CMOS. For information about how to do so, refer to the documentation included with your computer or contact your hardware manufacturer.
- If you are using an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) video adapter, try replacing the AGP video adapter with a Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) video adapter.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to System devices.
- Double-click Advanced Power Management support.
- On the Advanced Power Management support Properties dialog box, click the Settings tab.
- Click to select the Force APM 1.0 mode check box, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer in Normal mode.