Note that Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) do not include TweakUI.
For additional information about this issue, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Installing TweakUITo install TweakUI in Windows 98:
- Insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM (not the Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM) into the CD-ROM drive. You must use the Windows 98 CD-ROM.
- If you receive a notification that the CD-ROM is from an earlier version of Windows and that the Setup feature will be disabled, click OK.
- Click Browse This CD on the Windows 98 CD-ROM menu.
- Double-click to open the Tools, Reskit, and Powertoy folders.
- Right-click the Tweakui.inf file, and then click Install.
Uninstalling TweakUITo uninstall the TweakUI tool:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click TweakUI, and then click Add/Remove.
- Follow the instructions to uninstall the TweakUI tool.