Error 633: The modem is not installed or configured for Dial-Up Networking.
To check your modem configuration, double-click the Modems icon in Control Panel
Note that if you test your modem by clicking More Info on the Diagnostics tab in the Modems tool in Control Panel, your modem may respond normally and appear to be working correctly.
- The Telephony Application Programming Interface (TAPI) service provider entry in the registry is missing or has been altered.
- The Telephon.ini file is missing or damaged.
For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it.
To resolve this issue if the TAPI service provider entry in the registry is missing or has been altered, use Registry Editor to view the following registry key:
Modify the value of the ProviderFilename0 value to "TSP3216L.TSP" (without quotation marks), save these changes, quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.
To resolve this issue if the Telephon.ini file is missing or damaged, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type telephon.ini, and then click Find Now.
- If you do not find the Telephon.ini file, skip to step 4. If you do find the Telephon.ini file, right-click it, click Rename, type
telephon.old, and then press ENTER.
- Quit the Find tool, click Start, click Run, type tapiini.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Restart your computer.