Paint cannot read this file.
This is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported.
For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it. If you are running Windows NT, you should also update your Emergency Repair Disk (ERD).
To resolve this issue, remove Picture It! Express, rename the JPEG graphics filter, remove the JPEG graphics filter registry entries, and then reinstall Picture It! Express. To do so, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Plus! 98, click Add/Remove, click Add/Remove again, and then click Next.
- Click the Picture It! Express check box to clear it, click Next, click Next again, click Finish, and then click OK.
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type "jpegim32.flt" (without quotation marks), and then click Find Now.
- Rename all of the Jpegim32.flt files to Jpegim32.old. For information about how to rename a file, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type "renaming" (without quotation marks), and then double-click the "Renaming Files" topic.
- Use Registry Editor to remove the JPEG value from the following registry keys:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Graphic Filters/ Export
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shared Tools/Graphic Filters/ Import
- Repeat steps 1-4. In step 4, click the Picture It! Express box to select it.
Article ID: 193354 - Last Review: Jan 23, 2007 - Revision: 1