- The font used to format the euro symbol is not available on the computer that prints the document.
- The printer driver substitutes a font that does not support the euro symbol.
- Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4, 5, and 6, using Printer Control Language (PCL)
- Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4, 5, and 6, using PostScript (PS)
- Lexmark Optra C PS
Format the Euro Symbol to Use a Common TrueType FontFormat the euro symbol by applying a common TrueType font that contains the euro symbol (such as the Arial, Courier New, or Times New Roman font).
Configure Your Printer Driver to Use TrueType Fonts
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- Right-click the printer you want to modify, click Properties, and then click the Fonts tab.
- Click a different TrueType font option.
- Click OK, and then close the Printers window. Test to determine if the issue has been resolved. If the problem persists, repeat steps 1-4 and select a different font option in step 3.
To use the euro symbol, use any of the following methods:
- Press ALT+0128 (use the numeric keypad).
- Use the Microsoft Character Map tool (Charmap.Exe). For information about how to use Character Map, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type character, and then double-click the Character Map topic. Please note that Character Map incorrectly states that CTRL+2 is the key combination for the euro symbol.