- Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart In MS-DOS Mode, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command, and pressing Y if you are prompted to confirm folder deletion:cd\windowsNOTE: If you have a cookie that stores a password for a particular Web site, copy the contents of the Cookies folder to a new folder before deleting the Cookies folder. To do so, type the following commands at the command prompt, pressing ENTER after each command:
exitmd folderwhere folder is the folder to which you want to copy the contents of the Cookies folder.
copy c:\windows\cookies\*.* c:\windows\new folder
- Restart your computer.
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Internet Explorer, and then click Internet Explorer.
- On the View menu, click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, click Settings.
- Move the Amount of disk space to use slider to the setting you want, click OK, and then click OK again.
Article ID: 195163 - Last Review: Jan 23, 2007 - Revision: 1