Another option is to use the Dependency Walker that comes with the Platform SDK. This shows all of the files a particular DLL depends upon in a graphical format.
- Create a Standard EXE project in Visual Basic. Form1 is created by default.
- Add a reference to "Microsoft Remote Data Object 2.0."
- Save this project and run the Application Setup Wizard on it.
- Select "Generate Dependency File" in the Setup Wizard.
- Once the setup files are created. run the Setup.exe.
- You will then have a file with a .DEP extension that can be opened with Notepad. MSRDO20.DLL will be shown in this file and the files it uses are also shown (RDOCURS.DLL, COMCAT.DLL, and ODBC32.DLL).
Article ID: 195474 - Last Review: Sep 2, 2008 - Revision: 1