Note These procedures only apply if you have installed Microsoft Outlook with the
Corporate Workgroup/Other option. This option allows you to use Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) services. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu. In About Microsoft Outlook, you should see Corporate if you have the Corporate Workgroup installation.
Microsoft Outlook provides the option to delay delivery of outgoing mail messages when using the Exchange Server service. This article describes how to set those options.
Use either of the following methods to specify when your message is sent. These methods can only be used by the Corporate or Workgroup option of Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server as the mailbox delivery location.
- In your open message, click the Options button on the toolbar.
- Under Delivery Options, click to select the Do not deliver before check box.
- In the Do not deliver before box, type a date and time or display the calendar, and then click to select a date. If you want to use a date months in the future, click the arrow to the right of the month name in the calendar heading and repeatedly click until the month you want appears.
- If you want the unread message to expire, click to select the
Expires After check box and type a date and time in the Expires After box. Or, display the calendar and click to select a date. If you want to specify a date months in the future, click the arrow to the right of the month name in the calendar heading and repeatedly click until the desired month appears. Change the time if necessary. You may also specify that the message is never deleted by clicking None at the bottom of the calendar. Click Close.
- Click Send to transfer the message to the Outbox for processing.
- In your open message, click Properties on the File menu.
- On the General tab, click Send Options. Click the Microsoft Exchange Server tab.
- Under Send This Item, click to select In, type a number, and then click to select an interval in the list. For example, if you want the message sent in two hours, type 2 and select hours from the list.
- If you want the unread message to expired, in the Expire This Item section, type a number, and then click to select an interval from the list. For example, if you want the message deleted in two days, type 2 and then select days from the list.
- Click OK two times.
- Click Send to place the message in your Outbox for processing.
Article ID: 196072 - Last Review: Jun 22, 2014 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition