Outlook is a component of the Microsoft Office Suite and is not a part of the MSN Subscription; howeverWith an MSN Dial-up or MSN Premium subscription, Outlook Connector is installed as part of the typical MSN installation. So MSNIA and MSNIS subscribers who use Outlook can take advantage of the Outlook Connector to use Outlook with their mail, contacts and calendar.
Microsoft Outlook 2007 is a comprehensive desktop information management program built to meet multiple communication needs. Although it is mainly used as an e-mail application, Outlook can be used to organize contacts, manage calendars, schedule appointments, create tasks and rules, and access public folders.
· With the Outlook Connector, you can view your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail in Outlook alongside your other e-mail accounts. By connecting and organizing your e-mail in Outlook 2007, you can take advantage of rich capabilities in Outlook 2007 such as Instant Search and the ability to access your information even when you're offline.
· With the Outlook Connector, you can view your Windows Live Hotmail contacts in Outlook. By organizing your contacts in Outlook, you can take advantage of the advanced contact management features that Outlook 2007 offers such as the new Business Card View, Instant Search, and the ability to sort contacts by different criteria such as location or color category.
· With the Outlook Connector, you can view your calendars from Windows Live Calendar in Microsoft Office Outlook, including other people’s calendars that have been shared with you. By managing your calendars in Outlook, you can take advantage of the time-management features that Outlook offers such as viewing multiple calendars in Outlook at the same time.
This includes information onMember Centerto customers with an active subscription to MSNIA or MSNIS software here:https://membercenter.msn.com/features.aspx?pa=MC_ART_AboutOutlookConnector
A note of caution for Sales and Retention agents: detailed questions from customers about how to download or configure the Outlook Connector should be transferred to Technical Support. The details provided below are informational only to help you understand what customers can see on Member Center.
Keep it simple with Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
Managing one set of communication tools (your contact list, task list, e-mail inbox, and calendar) takes enough of your time—but if you're juggling two or more sets of tools for work and personal life, you're violating the "keep it simple" rule. Outlook Connector can help you stop the madness and simplify your life.
Whenever you use Microsoft Office Outlook 2002 (XP) SP2or later, Outlook Connector works behind the scenes to take the information stored in your Hotmail or MSN account, including your calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes, and add it to Outlook. As a result, you can use Outlook at work to view and manage all of your e-mail, contacts, calendars, and tasks from one place.
Similarly, Outlook Connector can help if you use Outlook at home and want to continue to use it to view, manage, and send your MSN e-mail messages. Outlook Connector works with both Hotmail and MSN accounts, as well as your Personal Address account.
With Outlook Connector installed on your computer, you can use the following MSN features while working in Outlook:
- MSN Mail Inbox. View your Hotmail or MSN e-mail directly from Outlook. Your directory of MSN e-mail folders appears below your Outlook e-mail folders. Send e-mail from your MSN account directly from Outlook.
- Mail Inbox. View your Hotmail or Sympatico e-mail directly from Outlook. Your directory of e-mail folders appears below your Outlook e-mail folders. Send e-mail from your Sympatico with MSN account directly from Outlook.
- MSN Tasks. Switch between your Outlook task list and your MSN task list. Tracking all those to-do items in your personal and work life just became a breeze.
- MSN Contacts. Access your MSN contacts from Outlook. In the Outlook Address Book, your MSN contacts are included in a separate contact list.
With an MSN Dial-up subscription, Outlook Connector is installed as part of the typical MSN installation. With an MSN Premium subscription, Outlook Connector is installed as part of the typical MSN installation. However, if you had Outlook open during the installation process, or if you chose the typical installation rather than the custom installation, then Outlook Connector will not be installed during the installation of MSN. In that case, you'll need to download the program to your computer.
Article ID: 2011925 - Last Review: Dec 30, 2009 - Revision: 1