You upgrade from the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Beta 2 version to the release version. When you run iisreset.exe to restart Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), or you start one of the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) listener services, you receive the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified
Note Some examples of a WCF listener service include Net Tcp Port Sharing Service, Net.Tcp Listener Adapter, Net.Pipe Listener Adapter, or Net.Msmq Listener Adapter.
While you upgrade to the release version of the .NET Framework 4.0, a registry key is removed. This registry key is used to determine the path to the service executable. Therefore, these services are still configured for the old version of the .NET Framework.
To work around this behavior, repair the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Add/Remove Programs.
- Click to select "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile."
- Click on the Change/Remove button.
- Choose the Repair .NET Framework Client Profile to it's original state.
- Click Next to begin the repair operation.