- An Office 365 user creates and sends an email message by using Entourage. When the recipient receives the email message, the message contains a Winmail.dat file attachment.
- An Office 365 user receives an email message from a sender who uses Entourage. When the Office 365 user receives the email message, the message contains a Winmail.dat file attachment.
To set the encoding format in the settings for Entourage, follow these steps:
- In Entourage, click Preferences.
- Locate Mail & News Preferences, and then click Compose.
- Under Attachments, set the Encode for option to Windows (MIME/Base64).
- Click to select the Append file name extensions check box.
- Exit Entourage, and then restart it.
- In Entourage, on the File menu, click New, and then click Mail Message.
- Type the email address of the recipient in the message, and then close the address window.
- Under Attachments, click Encode for any computer.
Note By default, the AppleDouble option is selected.
- Under Encode for, click Choose Windows (MIME/Base64).
- Click OK, and then send the message.
Article ID: 2022993 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2016 - Revision: 1