This article describes the Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Conferencing Attendant issues that are fixed in the Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Conferencing Attendant update package that is dated July 2010.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
This cumulative update also includes the following previously released updates:
- 981219 Interop or coexistence issues when a user calls Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Attendant to try to join a meeting that is hosted on a Microsoft Communication Server 2010 pool
- 972703 An update provides several changes to the interactive voice response (IVR) system in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 972651 A Conference Attendant server has incorrect counts on the incomplete call counters in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968952 You hear a message that states that your PIN is locked, expired, or not set after you enter your telephone extension number in a Communications Server 2007 R2 conference
- 972715 You hear an error message when you dial your work telephone extension or your full telephone number to enter an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 conference: "The phone number and PIN you have entered do not match"
- 968944 Enterprise users can have a conference call without the Presenter/Leader and without realizing that Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) users are on hold in Communications Server 2007 R2
Update package information
Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the CAA.msp package now.
Release Date: July 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
By Contacting Microsoft SupportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix package replaces hotfix package 980370 For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
980370 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Conferencing Attendant: April 2010
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this cumulative update, install the OCS2007-KB2028574-amd64-CAA.msp file on the following computers:
- Office Communications Server - Standard Edition
- Office Communications Server - Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 - Enterprise Edition Distributed - Front End
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click
- Click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Start the cumulative update (.msp).
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
You must restart the computer after you uninstall the cumulative update for Communications Server 2007 R2, Conferencing Attendant.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Communications Server 2007 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968802 Updates for Communications Server 2007 R2