An Ami Pro converter is not supplied with Microsoft Word. However, a supplemental Ami Pro 3.x for Windows converter is available. This converter allows Word to read and write Ami Pro 3.0 and 3.01 formats.
Install the Ami Pro ConverterTo install the Ami Pro converter for Word 2000, you must download and install the Microsoft Office Converter Pack, or you can install the Microsoft Office Converter Pack from the Microsoft Office 2000 Resource Kit CD-ROM.
To install the Microsoft Office Converter Pack, do one of the following:
- The Microsoft Office Converter Pack is available on the Microsoft Office Resource Kit Web site: Convpack.exe file that you downloaded, and follow the installation instructions.
- Run Setup.exe from the following folder on the Microsoft Office 2000 Resource Kit CD-ROM: CD-ROM drive\PFiles\ORKTools\ToolBox\Tools\OCP\Follow the instructions to install the Microsoft Office Converter Pack on your computer.
Convert an Ami Pro 3.0 or 3.01 Document to and from Microsoft Word
To Open an Ami Pro 3.0 or 3.01 Document in Microsoft Word
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the General tab, click to select the Confirm conversion on open check box, and then click OK.
NOTE: This option remains selected until it is turned off. You do not need to perform this step each time that you open an Ami Pro 3.0 or 3.01 document.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- In the Files of type list, select
Ami Pro 3.0 (*.sam).
- Type a path and file name in the File namebox, and then click Open.
- In the Convert File dialog box, make sure Ami Pro 3.0 is selected, and then click OK.
To Save a Word Document in Ami Pro 3.0 Format
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, change the Save as type box to
Ami Pro 3.0 (*.sam), and then click Save.
- Click Yes to the following message:file name.sam may contain features that are not compatible with Ami Pro 3.0 format. Do you want to save the document in this format?NOTE: file name is the name of the Ami Pro 3.0 document that you are saving.
* To save, click Yes.
* To preserve formatting, click No. Then save a copy in the latest Word format.
Article ID: 208863 - Last Review: May 2, 2012 - Revision: 1