ExampleWhen you use the steps in the following example, the AutoComplete feature does not appear to function properly.
- Save and close any open workbooks, and then create a new workbook.
- In cell A1, type ABC in uppercase.
- In cell A2, type a in lowercase and do not press ENTER.
The AutoComplete feature automatically inserts "aBC" in cell A2.
- Continue typing abc in lowercase in cell A2, and then press ENTER.
This overwrites the text that is suggested by AutoComplete.
- In cell B1, type ABC in uppercase.
- In cell B2, type a in lowercase and do not press ENTER.
The AutoComplete feature does not automatically suggest "aBC" in cell B2 as it does in step 3.
Article ID: 211652 - Last Review: Apr 29, 2008 - Revision: 1