This article describes how to download and install the Office File Converter Pack. This article contains a complete listing of all the text converters and graphic (image) filters that are available in the Office File Converter Pack.
Note The Microsoft Office XP version, the Microsoft Office 2000 version, and the Microsoft Office 97 for Windows version of the Office Converter Pack have been discontinued and are no longer available.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to download and to install the Office File Converter PackThe Office File Converter Pack is available as an individual download. It is also included with the Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit Tools.
To install the Office File Converter Pack, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Download the Oconvpck.exe packageDownload and install Oconvpck.exe. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Oconvpck.exe. package now.For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Method 2: Download the Office Resource KitWhen you download and install the Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit, the Office File Converter Pack is copied to your computer by the Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit Setup program. You must install the Office File Converter Pack separately.
- Download and install the Office Resource Kit (Ork.exe). The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Ork.exe package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- After the Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit is installed, run Office File Converter Pack Setup. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click
- In the Open box, type the following text where Drive is the drive on which the Microsoft Office 2003 Resource Kit is installed, and then click OK:Drive:\Program Files\ORKTools\ORK11\TOOLS\Office Converter Pack\OCONVPCK.EXEFor example type, the following text in the Open box:C:\Program Files\ORKTools\ORK11\TOOLS\Office Converter Pack\OCONVPCK.EXE
- Click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
- Click Close to quit Setup.
- Click Start, and then click
Summary of converters and filtersWhen you install the Microsoft Office Converter Pack, only the converters and the filters that are appropriate for your version of Office are made available for installation.
Text convertersThe following text converters are installed by the Microsoft Office Converter Pack for the version of Office that you have installed:
- Microsoft Word 6 RTF export converter (Wrd6Er32.CNV)
- Microsoft Word 97 and later import converter (MsWrd832.CNV)
- Text Converter shared code DLL (MSConv97.DLL)
- Text Recovery converter (Recovr32.CNV)
- WordPerfect 5 import converter (Wpft532.CNV)
- WordPerfect 6 and later import converter (Wpft632.CNV)
- WordPerfect Equation filter (WpEqu532.DLL)
Image filtersThe following image filters are available to install from the Microsoft Office Converter Pack, based on the version of the Office program that you have installed:
- Computer Graphics Metafile import filter (CGMimp32.FLT)
- Corel Draw graphic import filter (CDRimp32.FLT)
- Encapsulated PostScript import filter (EPSimp32.FLT)
- Graphic Interchange Format import filter (GIFimp32.FLT)
- JPEG graphic import filter (JPEGim32.FLT)
- Macintosh PICT graphic import filter (PICTim32.FLT)
- Portable Network Graphics import filter (PNG32.FLT)
- WordPerfect Graphic import filter (WPGimp32.FLT)
Additional Setup informationThe Office Converter Pack Setup will copy the text converter files and the image converter files to the following default locations:
Article ID: 212265 - Last Review: Aug 29, 2012 - Revision: 1