When you insert a continuous section break between two footnotes formatted to appear at the bottom of the page, the page incorrectly breaks at the continuous section break. In other words, the continuous section break acts as a page break.
To prevent the continuous section break from acting as a page break, you must convert your footnotes to appear at the end of the document as endnotes. To do this, follow these steps:
- Word 2003 or earlier versions of Word
On the Insert menu, click Footnote.
On the References tab, click the Footnote & Endnote Dialog Box Launcher.
- In the Footnote and Endnote dialog box, click Options.
- In the Note Options dialog box, click Convert.
- In the Convert Notes dialog box, click to select Convert all footnotes to endnotes and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Note Options dialog box.
- Click Close to close the Footnote and Endnote dialog box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.