To customize the signature font and color in Outlook Express, follow these steps:
- Install FrontPage Express in Windows 98, and then create a new HTML page. For information about how to install FrontPage Express, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:171229 How to Add and Remove Internet Explorer Components
- Customize your HTML page with the font and color you want to be displayed as your signature and save the file as an HTML file.
Outlook Express 5If you use Outlook Express 5, use the following steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Signatures tab.
- Click New to add a new signature tag.
- Under Edit Signature, click File, and then click Browse to browse to the HTML file you created, and then click Open.
- Click the Add signatures to all outgoing messages box.
NOTE: If you have more than one signature, click the HTML signature, and then click Set as Default to make the HTML signature the default signature.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
Outlook Express 4.xIf you use Outlook Express 4.x, use the following steps:
- Click Tools, and then click Stationery.
- On the Mail tab, click Signature.
- Click File, and then click Browse to browse to the HTML file you created, and then click Open.
- Click the Add this signature to all outgoing messages box.
- Click OK, click Apply, and then click OK.
Article ID: 216673 - Last Review: Jan 23, 2007 - Revision: 1