The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)
Click on OK to terminate the application.
If you try to start other programs, you may receive the following error message:
The Event Log Service on the local machine is not started.
- Close all the programs running on your computer.
- Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
- In the Named box, type sb16snd.sys sp16snd.dll, and then click Find Now.
- Rename the Sb16snd.sys and Sb16snd.dll files to Sb16snd.old and Sb16snd.dl0. For information about how to rename a file in Windows, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type renaming: files, and then click Display.
If you cannot rename the files because they are in use, note the location of the Sb16snd.sys and Sb16snd.dll files, and then follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+ALT+Delete, and then click Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.
- On the File menu, click New Task.
- In the Open box, type cmd
- At the MS-DOS prompt, type cd\folder, where folder is the location of the Sb16snd.sys and Sb16snd.dll files.
- Type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line:ren sb16snd.sys sb16snd.old
ren sb16snd.dll sb16snd.dl0
- In Task Manager, click New Task on the File menu, type explorer.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Remove and reinstall the Sound Blaster drivers. For information about how to do this, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or contact Creative Labs:184327 How to Install Sound Blaster Drivers in Windows NT 4.0
Article ID: 217134 - Last Review: Oct 31, 2006 - Revision: 1