In Outlook 2013 and later versions, below the search results you will see Showing recent results… followed by More.
In Outlook 2010 and 2007, you will see the following message below the Instant Search text box:
Note: Prior to installing the August 19, 2014 update for Outlook 2013update, the default limit is 30 items in Outlook 2013 (Outlook.exe build is 15.0.4641.1001 or a previous version).
- In Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013: Click More below the search results to display all of the items matching your search query.
- In Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007: Click the following text that appears below the Instant Search text box in Outlook 2010 or 2007:Your search returned a large number of results. Narrow your search, or click here to view all results.
To modify this behavior for all future search queries, disable this feature using the following steps:
- Outlook 2010 and later versions:
- Click File, Options and select Search.
- Clear Improve search speed by limiting the number of results shown checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Outlook 2007:
- On the Tools menu point to Instant Search and then click Search Options.
- In the Search Options dialog box, clear the Make searches faster by limiting the number of results shown checkbox.
If you clear the above checkboxes, your Search results list will contain every possible item matching the search query.
0 = Checkbox cleared, and all possible results are shown in the search results.
X = The number of items displayed in the search results. For example, if you specify 100, Outlook will display the most recent 100 matching search results.
If the SearchResultsCap DWORD is missing, the checkbox will be enabled and the default behavior is functional (Outlook 2016: 250 items returned. Outlook 2013: 30 items returned before Outlook.exe build 15.0.4641.1001, and 250 items returned after Outlook.exe build 15.0.4641.1001. Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007: 200 items returned).
Article ID: 2185146 - Last Review: Feb 14, 2017 - Revision: 1