To resolve this problem in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 and in Microsoft Windows 2000, reduce the screen saver password registration interval in the registry. To do this:
To resolve this problem in Microsoft Windows XP and in Microsoft Windows Server 2003, reduce the screen saver password registration interval in the registry. To do this:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type ScreenSaverGracePeriod, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click ScreenSaverGracePeriod.
- Click Decimal under the Base heading, and then enter a number in the Value data box that represents the password activation delay in seconds.
You can enter any whole number between 0 and 2,147,483 (approximately 24 days). A value of zero indicates no password protection delay. There is no default entry.
- Click OK, and then exit Registry Editor.