- You have Terminal Services installed and enabled. You must configure the Terminal Services mode to be in Application Server mode in order for multiple terminal server clients to run Microsoft Office. Please consult your Microsoft Windows 2000 documentation and Microsoft Windows 2000 online Help for more information about installing and configuring Terminal Services.
- You have obtained the terminal server transform file, TermSrvr.mst, and placed it in an accessible location for the installation. You can obtain the transform file from the Microsoft Office 2000 Resource Kit. This file can be found at one of the following locations:
- The ORK\PFiles\ORKTools\Toolbox\Tools\TermSrvr\ folder of the Office 2000 Resource Kit CD.
- If you installed the ORK, the
drive\Program Files\ORKtools\Toolbox\Terminal Server Tools folder, where drive is the drive letter where Windows 2000 is installed.
Install Office Disc 1 on the Terminal Server Computer
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs, click Add New Programs, and then click CD or Floppy.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse.
- In the root folder of the Office Disc 1, select Setup.exe and click Open.
Setup.exe is added to the command line for installation program box.
- On the command line, append the following command after Setup.exe, separated by a space:TRANSFORMS=path\TermSrvr.mstwhere path is the location where you copied TermSrvr.mst.
Note You must surround the path and the file name Termsrvr.mst with quotation marks if a space exists to the path to the file. However, it is easier to place Termsrvr.mst in the root of the drive to access it. For example, you can place Termsrvr.mst in the root of C:\ and type
- Click Next.
- Type your customer information, and click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, and then click Next.
- Click Install Now.
- When prompted that the installation completed successfully, click OK, click Next, and then click Finish.
For additional information about how to install Office 2000 with Terminal Server, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: