1. Select Start, select Control Panel, and select Programs and Features. (On Windows XP, select Start, Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs.)
3. Select Add or Remove Features and click Continue
4. Expand the Microsoft Access group and expand Add-ins
5. Click on Package Wizard, select "Run from my computer" and click Continue
After Microsoft Access 2010/Microsoft Office 2010 configures, you can start the wizard by following these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Access 2010.
Note that on computers with User Account Control enabled, you must open Microsoft Access with administrative permissions to modify the Add-ins.
To do so:
A. Navigate to the file path for MSAccess.exe
If your operating system is a 32-bit operating system, the default path for MSAccess.exe is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSAccess.exe
If your operating system is a 64-bit operating system, the default path for MSAccess is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSAccess.exe
B. Right-click on MSAccess.exe
C. Choose Run as Administrator.
2. Open the Add-ins dialog within Access Options (File > Options > Add-ins)
3. Make sure that COM Add-ins is selected in the Manage combo box at the bottom of the dialog and click Go..
4. Choose the Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 Com Addin and click Ok
Both the Package Wizard and the Template Save As Template are integrated in Microsoft Access 2010 and do not need to be downloaded. The Save As Template Wizard is installed by default and is found in by clicking File -> Save & Publish -> Save Database As -> Template
The Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime is available as a download. For more information, see Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime
The Microsoft Access 2010 Source Code Control is also available as a download. For more information, see Microsoft Access 2010 Source Code Control
Article ID: 2258625 - Last Review: Jul 23, 2011 - Revision: 1