Note: If you have the latest version of Lifecam and Skype software installed, you can skip Step 1.
Download and install the latest Lifecam software
TTo download the latest LifeCam software, follow these steps:
1. Visit the following Microsoft Hardware Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=ICE
2. In the Select type of product box, select Webcams.
3. In the Select your product box, select your LifeCam product.
4. In the Select your operating system box, select your Windows version.
5. In the Select your operating system language box, select your Windows language.
6. Click Go.
7. Click the link to download the most recent version of the LifeCam software.
Download and install the latest Skype software
1. Visit Skype web site: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows
2. Click Download Now.
3. Follow directions on your screen to download and install Skype software.
Step 2: Verify the camera is working in Lifecam Software
1. Connect your Lifecam to the computer.
2. Click Start point to All Programs, click Microsoft Lifecam and click Microsoft Lifecam.
3. Verify that you can see yourself in the Lifecam window as shown in the picture below:
3. Close the Lifecam Software.
Note: If you could not see yourself, try connecting Lifecam to a different USB port. If the issue continues to occur, proceed with steps outlined in Knowledge base article: 933311.
4. If you see yourself in Lifecam software, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Setup Lifecam with Skype
1. To launch Skype, click the Start button or the Windows icon.
2. Click All Programs, click Skype and then click Skype.
3. Sign in if you need to.
4. On the Tools menu, click Options.
5. In the General section (left hand side), click Audio Settings.
6. Select your LifeCam device as the default microphone. For example, select Cinema Microsoft Lifecam.
7. In the navigation pane of the Skype Options window, click Video Settings. You should see yourself in the webcam preview:
Note: If Skype did not detect your Lifecam device, it will display a message “Skype couldn’t find a webcam. With a webcam, you can make video calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world.” If this error occurs, make sure the Lifecam device is plugged in and you have the latest software installed. If the problem continues to occur, proceed with steps outlined in Knowledge base article: 933311.
8. Click Save.
9. Test LifeCam by making a Skype test call.
For additional information about how to configure Skype, please visit the following Skype Web site: http://support.skype.com
If you are still not able to see yourself or hear the other person in Skype, this could be due to:
· Third party firewall installed/configure to block the access
· Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) does not have certain ports open to allow the access
Article ID: 2262196 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1