For example, consider the following scenario:
- You install the PowerPivot for SharePoint component on two computers.
- On the first computer, you create a new SharePoint farm by running the SQL Server 2008 R2 setup wizard. This computer has 3.5 GB of RAM available. A PowerPivot Gallery is created automatically in the SharePoint farm.
- You configure the SharePoint farm to use server health allocation for client requests.
- On the second computer, you join the SharePoint farm on the first computer. This computer has less than 1.6 GB of RAM available.
- You create a PowerPivot workbook in Excel 2010 and upload the workbook to the PowerPivot gallery.
SQL Server 2008 R2The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2270925 - Last Review: Aug 16, 2010 - Revision: 1