NOTE: The response file contains your public key that has been signed by the authority. A client can successfully connect to the site without trusting the authority who issued the server certificate. However, if the client does not trust the authority, a security prompt that says "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority." appears each time the client connects. The client is given the option to continue or view the certificate at this point.
To install the response file, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Services Manager, or the custom MMC containing the Internet Information Services snap-in.
- Expand Internet Information Services (if needed) and browse to the Web site you have a pending certificate request on.
- Right-click on the site and then click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Under the Secure Communications section, click Server Certificate.
- On the Web Site Certificate Wizard, click Next.
- Choose to Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate. Click Next.
- Type in the location of the certificate response file (you may also browse to the file), and then click Next.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate, and then click Next.
- You will see a confirmation screen. When you have read this information, click Next.
Article ID: 228836 - Last Review: Jun 22, 2014 - Revision: 1