This problem may occur when you access a Web site that uses both IPv4 and IPv6 as the Internet Protocol version.
However, by default Internet Explorer only attempts to use the first five IP addresses it receives from DNS when it tries to establish a TCP connection. If it fails to make a connection to all five IP addresses, the problem outlined in the Symptoms section can occur.
Here's an easy fixTo fix this problem automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This easy fix solution sets the ConnectRetries value to 10 for your first use.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50672
To resolve this problem, add the following registry key to the registry to adjust the number of connection attempts made by Internet Explorer.
1. Click Start, and type regedit in the Search Programs and files text box.
2. If you are prompted by a User Account Control (UAC) dialog box, click Yes.
3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, navigate to either of the following registry keys:
For x86-based computers:
To change the machine-wide connection attempts:
For x64-based computers:
To change the machine-wide connection attempts for Internet Explorer 32-bit:
To change the machine-wide connection attempts for Internet Explorer 64-bit:
To change the user-specific connection attempts for Internet Explorer 64-bit::
4. Right click on the Internet Settings key, point to New and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. In the New Value box, type ConnectRetries, and then press ENTER.
6. Click on ConnectRetries, and then click Modify.
7. Click Decimal in the Base area. In the Value data box, type 10, and then click OK.
8. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
9. To apply the change, restart Internet Explorer.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
If the steps in this article did not resolve the issue, see additional steps in the following KB article: