- You have a 32-bit version of Microsoft Office installed on a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows.
- You try to clean up the Office temporary files from the Office Document Cache when you run the Windows Disk Cleanup utility to free up disk space.
In this scenario, the Office temporary files are not deleted.
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office 2010 Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2010 Upload Center.
- In Upload Center, click Settings.
- Under Cached Settings, click Delete cached files.
- When you are prompted, click Delete cached information.
To enable the Disk Cleanup Wizard Handler for the Office Document Cache, follow these steps:
- Start the Disk Cleanup Wizard. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
- Select the drive that you want to clean up, and then click OK.
- Under Files to delete, click to select the Microsoft Office Temporary Files check box.
Article ID: 2299848 - Last Review: Aug 2, 2010 - Revision: 1