When you try to run the Microsoft Azure Active Directory Sync Tool Configuration Wizard, you get the following error message:
Your credentials could not be authenticated. Retype your credentials and try again.
This issue may have several different causes. For example, this issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The user account is not enabled.
- The user account is locked out.
- An incorrect user name or password is used.
- The password is expired.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you use global admin credentials when you run the wizard. If this doesn't resolve the issue, go to step 2.
- Follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Article ID: 2310320 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2016 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Microsoft Intune, CRM Online via Office 365 E Plans, Microsoft Azure Recovery Services, Office 365 Identity Management