- Right-click a file, click Send To, and then click Mail Recipient
- In Internet Explorer, point to Send on the File menu and then click Link by E-mail
To change the Sendto function to use the Outlook default message format, you need to create a shortcut in the Send To folder that calls an Outlook formatted message window:
- In Microsoft Windows Explorer, double-click to open the Windows\SendTo folder. Note If you are using Windows XP, or later, the \SendTo folder is located in the following path: %userprofile%\SendTo
- Right-click the background of the Contents pane (the large pane on the right), point to New on the shortcut menu, and then click Shortcut.
- Type the path to the Outlook.exe file, or click Browse and to browse to the Outlook.exe file.
- Type a space followed by /c ipm.note following the last character on the command line, for example:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe" /c ipm.noteNote The /c switch is outside of the command line quotation marks.
- Click Next.
- Type Mail Recipient Using Outlook in the Select a name for the shortcut box, and then click Finish.
On a 32-bit operating system, the path resembles the following string:
Article ID: 234487 - Last Review: Mar 22, 2013 - Revision: 1