If you want to manually set component security settings back to the default settings, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type dcomcnfg in the Search box, and then click dcomcnfg in the Programs list.
- In the navigation pane, expand Component Services, expand Computers, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Open the Default Properties tab, and then set the following values:
- Default Authentication Level: Connect
- Default Impersonation Level: Identify
- Click OK.
Article ID: 2387587 - Last Review: Aug 5, 2016 - Revision: 1