This article explains how to export global address list (GAL) members to a Personal Address Book or a Contacts folder in Microsoft Outlook. The article then explains how to import them to an Outlook Contacts folder.
- By using Outlook, add a personal folder and a Personal Address Book or a Contacts folder to your profile.
Note Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Microsoft Outlook 2002 use the term "Personal Address Book." Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 uses the term "Contacts folder."
- Create a temporary Contacts folder in the new personal folder that you just created.
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- In the Address Book dialog box, click Options on the Tools menu.
- Under Keep personal addresses in, select the name that you provided for the Personal Address Book or the Contacts folder, and then click OK.
- Click to select the contacts that you want to add as Outlook contacts. Right-click the selected contacts, and then click Add to Personal Address Book or Add to Contacts.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- In the Select file type to import from list, click Personal Address Book or Contacts, and then click Next.
- Select the temporary Contacts folder that you created previously, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to import the contacts from your Personal Address Book or your Contacts folder to the Contacts folder in your personal folder.
Article ID: 238773 - Last Review: May 23, 2011 - Revision: 1