For example, you cannot use the CTRL+A keyboard shortcut to select all the items in a Windows Explorer window. Or, you cannot select multiple items in a Windows Explorer window by holding the SHIFT key or the CTRL key while you click the items.
Diagnose and fix the problem automatically
This troubleshooter fixes many problems.Learn moreRun now
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start , click Run, type Regedit.exe, and then press OK.
- Locate and then click the FFlags registry value in the following registry subkeys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 40200001, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer to apply the change.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the the computer is running Windows Vista.
- The MATS package set the FFlags registry value in the registry subkeys to 40200001 if the FFlags registry value exists in the registry subkeys and if the FFlags registry value is not equal to 40200001.
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This dialog box gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (This is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix. If you manually select individual issues to fix, you have to select the Others or I don’t know option from the dialog box.
- The MATS package verifies that the registry value was created successfully.
Other issues that the MATS package fixes
Article ID: 2394740 - Last Review: Feb 14, 2017 - Revision: 1