(NOTE: If you are just manually updating the W4 form template for a new year and are not experiencing the issue described above, you can skip to step 4.)
1. Make a current backup.
2. Open SQL Server Management Studio. Click on the New Query button at the top and select the company database in the drop-down list.
3. In a SQL query window, execute the script below against the COMPANY database to remove the form template for the current damaged W4:
(NOTE: If you delete it, you may need to open a Support case to ask for the data.hrm_w4template.sql script to run against the company database to rebuild it. This script will look at all GP databases in the Dynamics database and rebuild the W4 information that was previously removed from the company. This script is provided by request only.)
4. Sign into either Customer Source or Partnersource using the page links below and download the W4TemplateAddCurrent.sql script:
5. Execute the W4TemplateAddCurrent.sql script against the DYNAMICS database.
6. Then check in BP to see if the proper year shows on the W4 now.
NOTE: If you download the W4 template for the next calendar year, you will not see it in business portal until your user date reaches that same year.