You insert a large size picture into a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 worksheet. You check the Black and white check box in the page layout pane. Then, you print the Excel worksheet. In this situation, the picture in the Excel worksheet is printed as fuzzy.
To resolve this issue, apply the following update:
2276478 Description of the 2007 Office system hotfix package (oartconv-x-none.msp, oart-x-none.msp): August 31, 2010
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsAfter you install the hotfix package, follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type UseGrayscalePassthrough, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click UseGrayscalePassthrough, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type value 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.