This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- Install and uninstall information for the update.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this update package fixesThis update package fixes the following issues:
- 2401878 Changes to the Response Group Service do not take effect after you install the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 cumulative updates that are dated July 2010
- 2284331 An Office Communicator call to Response Group cannot be forwarded to a PSTN number when no member in the group answers the call
- 975893 Communications Server 2007 R2, Response Group Service updates an agent list every eight hours if you add agents by using an Exchange Server distribution list
- 968880 Response Group Service cannot start if you assign a certificate that has a wildcard in the Subject Name to Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968878 Response Group Service cannot start if you assign a certificate that contains a SAN list, and the last name on the list is not the pool FQDN to Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968911 Response Group Service cannot start if you assign a certificate that contains a SAN list, and the last name on the list is not the pool FQDN to Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968877 The Communications Server 2007 R2 Response Group Service does not update its list of trusted hosts at run time
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Acducapp.msp package now.
Release Date: September 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
By contacting supportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The fixes in the update for Response Group Service take effect only if the following updates are also applied:
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update package replaces the following update package:
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this update package, install the OCS2007-KB2400367-x64-AcdUCAPP.msp package on computers in your network that are running the following platforms:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 - Standard Edition
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 - Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 - Enterprise Edition Distributed - Front End
File informationThis update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs feature in Control Panel.
You have to restart the computer after you uninstall this cumulative update the for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Response Group Service.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update package, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
Article ID: 2400367 - Last Review: Sep 24, 2010 - Revision: 1