- Create distribution lists (DLs) to group recipients in rules, instead of using individual recipients.
- Keep the number of recipients small in rules.
- Keep the names of recipients as small as possible.
The following information is used to compile the space that is used by a rule:
- Rule Sequence. The order of the rules in which this rule is fired.
- Rules State. The value that determines whether the rule is turned on or off.
- User State. Whether or not the user is logged on.
- Provider Name. Generally the provider name is "RulesOrganizer."
- Rule Name. This is stored in Unicode and ASCII.
- Rule Level. Information about the version of the rule.
- Rule Provider Data. Information specific to the Rules Wizard.
- Conditions and Restrictions. The majority of the rule information, where size is concerned. Data from the user interface (UI) of the Rules Wizard.
- Distinguished Name. This is stored in Unicode and ASCII.
- Display Name. This is stored in Unicode and ASCII, and it is stored twice.
- Exceptions. Exceptions to the rule.
- Conditions. Conditions for the rule.
Article ID: 241325 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2017 - Revision: 1