When starting the Windows Media Player from a command prompt, you can specify several startup parameters.
The Windows Media Player has several command line options:
- /open: Open the file, don't automatically start playing.
- /play: Start playing the file as soon the player is launched.
- /close: Close the player after playback (only works when used with /play).
- /fullscreen: Start the file in full-screen mode.
- /new: Use a new instance of the player.
Mplayer2.exe /play /close C:\Asfroot\Sample.asf
Article ID: 241422 - Last Review: Jul 30, 2008 - Revision: 1