After a recent upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to 2010, users find that Explorer View is no longer available on theView list box on the Ribbon.
In SharePoint 2007, the view was available in the View list box:
- Access a Document Library on 2007.
- On the top right hand side of the Document Library, click the View list box.
- Note that Explorer View is available.
In SharePoint 2010, the customer is trying to find Explorer View in the same list box:
- Access a Document Library on 2010.
- On the Ribbon, select the Library tab.
- In the Manage Views section, click on the Current View list box.
- The customer expects Explorer View to appear in this list.
The Explorer View was a feature of SharePoint 2007. It has been replaced with anOpen with Explorer button in the Connect & Export section of the Ribbon.
However, for Document Libraries that existed during the upgrade from 2007 to 2010, that Explorer View will still be available in theView list box, as well as the Open with Explorer button. Newly created Document Libraries will only have the Open with Explorer button and notExplorer View in the View list box.
This is by design.
Applies To: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007/2010
Article ID: 2423797 - Last Review: Jan 30, 2017 - Revision: 4