Consider the following scenario:
- In a Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) environment, only an A record for the OCS front-end server is available. No Service Location (SRV) record for automatic client logon is available.
- You try to use the Test Connection function in the Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook, which uses automatic discovery.
This issue occurs because the result of a DNS query against an A record does not match the corresponding settings on the OCS front-end server.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Use an SRV record instead of an A record for the OCS front-end server in the OCS environment. For more information, click the following link to view the Microsoft TechNet article:
Create and Verify DNS Records for Your Server or Pool
- In Advanced Connection Settings in Conferencing Add-in for Office Outlook, specify the following settings to comply with the settings on the OCS front-end server:
- Server name and port number.
- Connection protocol.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.